Last Updated: October 18, 2018
We are committed to letting you know how White Fox Scooters, Inc. (“White Fox” or “we”, “us”, or “our”) collects and uses your information. White Fox provides services to users throughout the world. If you live in the United States, White Fox Scooters, Inc. (located at 175 Varick Street, New York, New York, 10014) is the data controller for your information.
• The Information We Collect
• How We Use Your Information
• Online Advertising
• Use of Your Information
• Legal Bases for Use of Your Information
• How We Share Your Information
• How We Protect Your Information
• Retention of Your Information
• International Users
• Third Party Links and Services
• EU Data Subject Rights
• Children’s Privacy
• Your New York Privacy Rights
• White Fox Contact Information
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you in a variety of ways when you use our Services.
Information You Provide to Us
The following lists the most common ways in which you provide information directly to us:
• Registration for an account
• Use of your account, including the upload of content/information to the Services or the rental of a Vehicle
• Payment information submitted when renting a Vehicle
• Registration for an event sponsored by White Fox
• Information that you provide for your user profile
• Submitting an application to work at White Fox
• Participation in surveys, contests, or sweepstakes
• Signing up to receive alerts or other information via email, text or instant message from White Fox
• Requests for customer service, support requests, or other assistance
• Service-related communications, e.g. account verification; technical notification
• Participation in communities, commenting on blog entries, and participation in other forums
The types of information we collect directly from you include: your name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, credit card, and billing and contact information. We also collect certain demographic data if you provide it to us including age, gender, and five-digit zip code inferred from your IP address.
Automatically Collected Information
There is also some information that we collect through automated technical means as you browse our websites, use our apps, or otherwise use the Services. For example, we collect:
• Device information about your computer, browser, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Services. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, operating system, and other transactional information.
• Analytics and usage information about your use of the Services, including GPS routes, and status of GPS chips.
• Device information about the White Fox Vehicle, including time stamps and battery status.
• Additional “traffic data” and log files such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring and exit pages.
• Other information regarding your use of the Services.
We collect and store location information about you associated with your account that you volunteer on the Services or enable through the Services or your device. We will collect precise GPS location information regarding the location of the White Fox Vehicles, the routes taken by these Vehicles, and the rental status of these Vehicles. We also collect and store your device’s source IP address which may disclose the general location of your device at the time you access the Services.
Collection of information From or Through Social Media Sites or Using Your Social Media Logon
When you interact with any Service Provider page or account on a social media platform, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Pinterest, we may collect the information that you make available to us on that page or account including your account ID or “handle.” However, we will only collect and store such information that we are permitted to collect based on your settings on and the policies of these social media platforms. If you publish your social media profile on our Services, we may collect information that you make available as part of that profile.
Collection of Information From Other Sources
We also may collect information about you that we may receive from other sources to, among other things, enable us to verify, update information contained in our records, and better customize the Services for you. These sources may include business partners, marketers, researchers, and analysts. We may also collect information from credit reporting agencies to, for example, determine your creditworthiness, credit score, and credit usage, in accordance with applicable laws.
Collection of Third Party Information Through Tell-A-Friend Feature
We may from time to time conduct a referral service to introduce people you know to our Services, in accordance with applicable local laws. If you choose to use our referral service to tell someone about our Services, we will provide you with a template message and referral code to send to your referral. We will not collect the referral’s information unless he/she signs up to use the Services with the referral code.
Third-party ad serving companies and other unaffiliated advertisers also display advertisements on our Services. As part of their services, they may place a separate cookie on your computer or utilize other data collection and tracking technologies, to collect information such as your IP address, browser type, the server your computer is logged onto, the area code and zip code associated with your server, and whether you responded to a particular advertisement. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies, how they may be used, or the information they may collect and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of those third parties. Please visit the sites of those businesses at the links above to review their privacy policies. We may add or change the list of third party ad servers from time to time and we encourage you to check this section for changes. You can learn more about online advertising at www.aboutads.info/consumers.
Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt-out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings. For more information about how to change these settings for Apple, Android or Windows devices, see:
Please note that opting-out of advertising network services does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our Services or other services, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from third parties that do not participate in these programs. It will, however, exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Services. We may use your information in the following ways:
General Uses of All Information Collected
• To provide the Services to you
• To track White Fox Vehicles
• To upload your content as you request
• To permit you to update, edit, and manage your content
• To communicate with you about your account or transactions with us (including service related announcements) and send you information about features and enhancements on the Services
• To communicate with you about changes to our policies
• To communicate with you about your comment to a blog post
• To personalize content and experiences on our Services, including providing you reports, recommendations, and feedback based on your preferences
• To create anonymous or aggregate information that does not identify you or your device that we can use for any purpose
• To optimize or improve our products, services and operations
• To automatically update the Services
• To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
• To perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of our users
Use of Your Location Information
We use your location information, including precise GPS location, to:
• Track the use of White Fox Vehicles
• Personalize content on our Services, including providing you reports, recommendations, and feedback based on your preferences
• Optimize or improve our products, services, and operations
• Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Services and their purchasing patterns
Combination of Your Information
We use the information from one portion of the Services on other portions of the Services, or in reports and analysis, all of which are owned and operated by White Fox, and we may combine information gathered from multiple portions of the Services into a single customer record or analysis or report.
LEGAL BASES FOR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
• Where use of your information is necessary to perform our obligations under a contract with you (for example, to comply with: the terms of service of our websites which you accept by browsing the websites/registering; and/or our contract to provide our Services to you)
• Where use of your information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to provide security for our websites, products, software, applications; operate our business and our Services; ensure safe environments for our staff and visitors; make and receive payments; comply with legal requirements and defend our legal rights; prevent fraud and to know the customer to whom we are providing Services)
• Where use of your information is required to comply with an EU law (for example, to maintain your payment transaction history for tax reporting purposes)
• When we have your consent as defined by applicable law
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We share your data in the following ways:
Business Partners, Sponsors and Third Parties
We may share your information with our sponsors and other business partners from time to time. You may withdraw your consent to our sharing of your personal information (as defined under New York law) with business partners and third parties at any time by following the opt-out process described below.
Third-Party Service Providers
We use a variety of third party service providers and affiliates that perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, billing and payment processing, push notifications, storage, bandwidth, content management tools, analytics, customer service, fraud protection, etc.
We may also use or disclose information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Services; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Services or our users, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or users of the Services or the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
Certain features of our Services make it possible for you to share comments publicly with other users. Any information that you submit through such features is not confidential, and we may use it for any purpose. For example, if you submit a product review on one of our sites, we may display your review (along with the name provided, if any) on other White Fox websites and on third-party websites. Moreover, if you provide a comment on our blog, other blog readers will be able to review your comments. Any information you post openly in these ways will be available to the public at large and potentially accessible through third-party search engines. Accordingly, please take care when using these features.
From time to time, we may share aggregate/anonymous information about use of the Services, such as by publishing a report on usage trends. The sharing of such data is unrestricted.
As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge, or partner with other companies. In such transactions, (including in contemplation of such transactions) user information may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of our assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, customer information would likely be one of the transferred business assets. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, we will comply with such restrictions.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take technical and organizational security measures to protect your information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no means of electronic or physical storage, is absolutely secure. As such, you acknowledge and accept that we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to, through, or on our Services or via the Internet and that any such transmission is at your own risk.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
If applicable, you may make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in the country where you are based. Alternatively, you may seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND SERVICES
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
YOUR MARKETING CHOICES
If you would like to express preferences with regards to the type of communications you receive from us, including opting out of marketing communications from us, you may do so at any time by updating the communication preferences specified in your account profile. Please note that we may continue to send non-promotional communications such as staffing confirmations, important notices, and other information about your use of the Services.
EU DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
EU data subjects have certain rights with respect to their information as further described in this section.
Your Legal Rights
If you would like further information in relation to your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us using the information in the “White Fox Contact Information” section below at any time. Your local laws may permit you to request that we:
• provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you
• prevent the processing of your information for direct-marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling)
• update information which is out of date or incorrect
• delete certain information which we are holding about you
• restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information
• transfer your information to a third party provider of services
• revoke your consent for the processing of your information
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your information to provide services to you or to comply with a legal obligation. Moreover, you will not be permitted to examine the information of any other person or entity. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to your request.
YOUR NEW YORK PRIVACY RIGHTS
New York Civil Rights Article 5, Section 50 – Right of Privacy permits customers of White Fox who are New York residents to request certain information, once per year, regarding its disclosure of their personal information (as defined by New York law) to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
WHITE FOX CONTACT INFORMATION